With 23 miles of fun, Daytona is always on.
Your Daytona vacation wouldn't be complete without experiencing the year-round fun and excitement of "The World's Most Famous Beach."
With 23 miles of dazzling beaches and gentle, balmy weather all year long, it's no wonder Daytona Beach is one of the nation's top vacation destinations. Daytona Beach attractions include an endless variety of water sports, family and cultural attractions, festivals, sporting events and more.
- Daytona Lagoon - Enjoy this family-focused facility, which offers fun for all ages - including Grand Prix go-kart racing, three miniature golf courses, laser tag, a carousel, high-ballocity indoor play structure, and one of the largest arcades in Daytona Beach. The Lagoon's waterpark has over 10 water slides, a 500,000-gallon wave pool, a tubing river and a water-play structure complete with slides and a 1,000-gallon dumping bucket!
- Daytona 500 Experience - While the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competes 38 times a year across the country, race fans can always get a taste of the fastest growing sport in America at DAYTONA 500 EXPERIENCE, "The Official Attraction of NASCAR." Packed with a variety of high-energy thrills from performing a pit stop on an actual Sprint Cup Series race car to motion simulators and the Coca-Cola 3D IMAX Theatre, Daytona 500 Experience gives an up close and personal look of racing at NASCAR's most storied venue - Daytona International Speedway.
- Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory - This old fashioned chocolate factory is known for high quality, handmade chocolates made fresh daily. Take a free 30 minute tour through their historic family process and learn what makes their process so good!
- Richard Petty Driving Experience - Experience Daytona International Speedway's 2.5 mile track at speeds of more than 150 mph! Choose between a personal driving experience or a "ride Along" program.
- The Marine Science Center - Provides guests an up-close look at sea turtle rehabilitation in the 'turtle hospital', a variety of fish, turtles and other sea life in aquariums, bird sanctuary, classroom lab plus a long boardwalk that leads to a bird observation tower. The boardwalk winds it's way through a nature trail filled with native plants. Guided tours of the Marine Science Center are available or visitors can take a self guided tour.
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse - The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse Station was built when the area was still known as Mosquito Inlet. After years of restoration, the Lighthouse Station now stands as one of the best preserved in the nation. The Lighthouse is open to the public daily at 10:00am and admission is $5 for adults and $1.50 for children 11 and under.
- Haunts of Daytona - The Daytona Ghost Walk is a trip down the moonlit streets of Daytona Beach and combines history, scientific data and haunting tales! Tickets are $10.00 per person, though children 6 and under are free.
- Speed Park - Daytona Speed Park offers 3 Go-Kart tracks, Dragster Speedway and 7,000 sq. ft. Arcade. Open 7 days a week and just minutes from The Shores Resort & Spa.