The Shores Green Team
The average hotel uses 218 gallons of water per day per occupied room and creates 30 lbs of waste per room per day - additionally, electricity accounts for 60-70% of a hotels utility costs. Simply put, we are major users of the Earth's resources.
The Shores Resort & Spa has taken an active role to lessen the environmental impact of our property on the earth's natural resources. We also are proactive partners in our community to keep our beaches pristine and support programs promoting earth friendly initiatives.
Environmentalism in action at The Shores:
- No more Styrofoam - All Styrofoam cups have been eliminated from the property and disposable cups are no longer used in meeting rooms.
- All guest rooms include a separate recycle bin allowing us to sort and dispose of waste and recyclable materials separately.
- The Green Team - employees volunteer to maintain a 1 mile section of beach with clean up walks every two weeks.
- Energy Efficiency - The Shores has replaced 80% of all incandescent bulbs with high efficiency lighting.
- The Shores uses 100% biodegradable key cards to access guest rooms.
- All natural amenities - all in-room amenities are natural and environmentally safe. The shores uses environmentally safe reusable tubes in guest rooms for all soaps and shampoos.
- Clean - the - World - The Shores is a partnering hotel to "Clean the World", a national organization that recycles unused and partially used soap products and distributes them to impoverished countries worldwide.