3 Perfect Days in Daytona When in Town for a Graduation
Daytona Beach is home to Bethune-Cookman University, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona State College, and more than 10 High Schools. We see visitors from around the country and globe this time of year as families travel to celebrate their loved one’s graduation. Lucky for them, Daytona Beach just so happens to offer their visitors beautiful sightseeing, a variety of attractions and engaging tours to take advantage of while they’re in town for graduation!
If you plan to be visiting Daytona Beach for a graduation ceremony this year, you’ll want to schedule in some time to take advantage of these fun-filled day trips and getaways! We think 3 days is the perfect amount of time to check out what Daytona Beach has to offer while you’re in town.
We’ve put together a list of the top 5 Things To Do in 3 Days with your family while you’re in Daytona Beach for Graduation time. With everything from race cars to relaxing beaches and spas, you’ll find something for everyone in your family to enjoy!
- Daytona International Speedway—See the famous “World Center of Racing” that is home to the most prestigious race in NASCAR, the Daytona 500 and July’s Coke Zero Sugar 400. Since opening in 1959, it has been the host to motorsports events and races throughout the year including stock car, sports cars, motorcycles, and go-karting. Go on a behind-the-scenes tour or if you’re feeling bold, take a lap around yourself! http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/
- Richard Petty Driving Experience–If you’re already planning to visit the Daytona International Speedway, then you need to check out the Richard Petty Driving Experience while you’re there. They offer a large variety of packages, a perfect gift for your Grad! The Driving Experience is as real as it gets– drive a racecar by yourself on the speedway and experience a once in a lifetime drive! https://www.drivepetty.com/
- Daytona Beach— this is what you came here for, right? Of course, for graduation, too! This world-famous white sand beach with unobstructed coastline stretches 23-miles and allows vehicle driving during daylight hours on various sections. Be sure to take advantage of every water sport imaginable as well as a vibrant boardwalk. You can make an entire day out of things to do at the beach, so we broke it up into the spots you need to check out while you’re there:
- Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier—This classic landmark is a popular hangout and where you can enjoy old-fashioned beachfront fun: shops, arcades, amusements and a classic pier stretching a quarter mile into the ocean. Be entertained by jugglers and magicians or head to the BandShell concert stage for the free summer music series that begins Memorial Day weekend through September on the boardwalk. Be sure to visit Joe’s Crab Shack, where you can take in spectacular views from the top deck at The Roof.
- Ocean Walk Shoppes— Daytona’s Premier Entertainment hub, the oceanfront shopping and dining complex has six levels for you to shop for your new Grad, look for souvenirs, and catch a movie or a live show. http://www.oceanwalkshoppes.com/
- Downtown Daytona/Beach Street—You’ll find the historic Beach Street a quaint, palm-tree-lined street that runs through the heart of downtown’s riverfront. The riverfront is filled with over 60 shops and attractions–cafes, history museums, boutiques, a magic store, a Farmer’s Market, and even a chocolate shop with free tours. All to be enjoyed on the waterfront. https://www.riverfrontshopsofdaytona.com/
- Museum of Arts & Sciences (MOAS)—MOAS is nationally accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate. Located on a 90-acre Florida nature preserve, the museum houses more than 30,000 objects including American and Cuban art, Dow Gallery of American Art, the Schulte Gallery of Chinese Art, the Bouchelle Collection and Gallery of Decorative Arts, Chapman Root’s collection of Americana and a planetarium. There’s also the Linda and Williams Children’s Museum presents an interactive experience for children and sculpture garden to explore. You could easily spend an entire day here! https://www.moas.org/
- Daytona Lagoon— Kick-off the summer in style with your Grad at the waterpark with fun for the whole family! Featuring 1 million gallons of rushing water, you can plunge down exciting speed slides or take a relaxing float along the lazy river. Try your skills in the MEGA arcade, laser tag, Grand Prix go-kart racing, miniature golf, or rock wall. There’s truly something for everyone to do here! https://daytonalagoon.com/Take advantage of our Daytona Lagoon Waterpark Extended Stay Package that includes four waterpark passes for the family to be used during your stay at our resort. https://www.shoresresort.com/special-offers/waterpark-package/
- The Shores Resort & Spa— Celebrate your Grad with fine dining and panoramic ocean views with us! We’re honored to have you as guests for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner on your special Graduation Day. And we know you’ve had quite the adventure exploring our quaint little ocean town, so why not book a relaxing Indulge Spa getaway for you and your Grad? They’ve worked so hard for their degree, they deserve a little me-time!For dining, visit https://www.shoresresort.com/dining/For spa, visit https://www.shoresresort.com/spa/For overnight: https://www.shoresresort.com/special-offers/eat-stay-play-valet-package/
For seasonal offers https://www.shoresresort.com/special-offers-packages/
We think this list of top 5 Things To Do in Daytona Beach will make for a memorable Graduation experience on your visit! As you can see, there’s plenty of entertainment waiting for the whole family!