From the early 1900s, Daytona Beach's flourishing cultural diversity has inspired artists worldwide. The region's fantastic expressions of color, music, and architecture have added to the city's heritage and become inseparable from its artists and destinations. Discover the artistic side of the "World's Most Famous Beach" this summer and check out our favorite spots.
A City with a Unique Arts-Inspired HeritageRelive Daytona Beach's century-long journey from classic to contemporary arts during your summer retreat at our scenic beachfront resort. Explore historic remnants on tours around Beach Street or the Daytona Beach Boardwalk, leading to popular attractions, art installations, and historic buildings.
Our Favorite Must-Visit Museums & Art GalleriesDaytona Beach is home to a host of reputable art galleries and museums. Watch history come alive through engaging stories, artifacts, and exclusive showcases at our favorite museums and galleries.
- Museum of Arts & Sciences: This Florida coastal region owes much of its heritage to the early African-American settlers. Find their contribution through cultural artifacts and interactive displays in the Museum of Arts & Sciences (MOAS). The garden of Cypress trees and Azalea blossoms is also a sight to behold.
- Southeast Museum of Photography: Situated inside the Daytona State College campus, this innovative museum offers a unique perspective on photography, art, history, and culture. Find exceptional exhibits by international artists as well as from local student groups learning the trade.
- Halifax Historical Museum: From the Florida Civil War to the history of race cars in Daytona Beach - the Halifax Historical Museum offers a complete picture of the city's ethnic diversity. The 1910 Merchants Bank building, where the museum is located, hosts artifacts from the Spanish and British colonial-eras.
- ECHO Gallery at the Ocean Center: A popular venue for concerts, conventions, and sporting events – the Ocean Center Entertainment Complex has a quiet corner for art lovers too. The ECHO Visual Arts Gallery is a 5,000-sq-ft outdoor display showcasing the state's natural and cultural resources.
Other Historical Sites to Visit:
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse & Museum
- Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art
- Living Legends of Auto Racing Museum
- Holly Hill History Museum
- Lilian Place Heritage House
Unravel History Along the Iconic Heritage TrailWalk down the Heritage Trail, which winds through must-see historic sites and monuments, covering the ethnic heritage of early settlers in Daytona Beach.
The Heritage Trail starts from the home of influential leader Mary McLeod Bethune and her gravesite. Learn the stories of her accomplishments as a civil rights activist, educator, and advisor to five US presidents at the Bethune-Cookman University.
Visit Jackie Robinson Ballpark and the adjacent monument immortalizing the legend's stand against ‘color barriers' in professional sports. Find the true meaning of freedom in Freemansville, a colony of the earliest settlers, just south of Daytona Beach.
Other Art & Cultural Trails:
- Ale Trail
- Iconic Trail
- Monument Trail
- Motorsports Trail
Shop for a Cause: Make a difference by supporting local artists. Volusia County's Art in Public Spaces program enables you to shop authentic locally made art pieces at famous attractions in Daytona Beach.
Find Your Rhythm at Bandshell Summer ConcertsLet the music set the mood for your summer trip. The Oceanfront Bandshell is turning up the volume for live performances from local artists. Featuring tributes for top rock ‘n' roll bands like the Eagles, AC/DC, Queen, and Def Leppard, it's a "Star-Spangled Summer" in Daytona Beach. Sing to the famous tunes of Lionel Ritchie with the peaceful sound of ocean waves in the background.
Explore Local Performing Arts in Daytona BeachThe performing arts hold a special place in Daytona Beach culture. Enjoy special weekend shows at the Peabody Auditorium and Daytona Playhouse. Enjoy the sweet melodies of the Daytona Beach Symphony Society or take in a dreamy ballet performance at some of the storied stages across the city.
Top Performing Arts Venues in Daytona Beach:
- Peabody Auditorium
- Daytona Playhouse
- Cinematique Theater
- Mary McLeod Bethune Performing Arts Center
- Ocean Center
Beach, Brew & Breakfast, Courtesy of The Shores Resort & SpaWith so much to explore, taking a break between adventures is healthy. Indulge in grandeur at our scenic resort with exceptional spa facilities. Enjoy the beach, brew, and free breakfasts on your luxury summer getaways.
Contact us for a fulfilling, arts-inspired summer vacation in Daytona Beach.