The 7th Annual Daytona Blues Festival – Oct 6-8, 2017
It’s all about the Blues!
The Daytona Blues Story
The Annual Daytona Blues Festival was conceptualized in 2009, with the goal of developing a recurring blues music weekend that would help generate funds for the health of women and children in Volusia and Flagler countries. This is a not-for-profit event run by volunteers with all the proceeds donated to the above cause.
The inaugural event of took place in October 2010 and from 2010 to 2015, the Daytona Blues Festival has accumulated over $195,000 in donations.
The Daytona Festival is a family-friendly musical tradition throughout Central Florida that is celebrated every year the weekend before Columbus Day. The only exception was in 2016 when the festival had to be cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew.
This year’s 3-day event is brimming with nationally known artists and up-and-coming blues artists, gathering thousands of blues enthusiasts from all over the world especially in the US, Canada and Europe.
The 2017 Daytona Festival will take place the weekend of October 6 to 8 and it will be held at the historic Jackie Robinson Ballpark in downtown Daytona Beach or “The Jack” as it is popularly called by the locals. The ballpark has transformed into a world-class musical venue for the festival with a covered seating capacity of 4,200 including individual seats, bleachers and wheelchair accessible sections. You will also find a variety of food vendors, craft beer and other reasonably priced goods sold during the event.
The 2017 Daytona Blues Festival Lineup
This year’s lineup will definitely bring resounding excitement of blues music to every single blues fan. The 2017 Daytona Blues festival will host big-name blues performers with the likes of Carolyn Wonderland, The Willie Green Band, Joe Luis Walker, Tas Cru, Marcia Ball, Tinsley Ellis, Alvin Youngblood Hart’s Muscle Theory and many more.
Here is the list of the 2017 Daytona Blues Festival Lineup Schedule:
Friday, October 6, 2017
- 2:30pm Vanessa Collier on the Main Stage
- 4:00pm Long Tall Deb with Colin John on the Main Stage
- 5:00pm Bing Futch on the Riverfront Stage
- 5:30pm Sena Ehrhardt on the Main Stage
- 6:45pm George Worthmore on the Riverfront Stage
- 7:15pm Carolyn Wonderland on the Main Stage
- 9:00pm Shakura S’Aida on the Main Stage
Saturday, October 7, 2017
- 1:00pm Willie Green Band on the Main Stage
- 2:30pm The Souliz Band on the Main Stage
- 3:30pm Spearman Brewers on the Riverfront Stage
- 4:00pm Tas Cru on the Main Stage
- 5:00pm George Worthmore on the Riverfront Stage
- 5:30pm Alvin Youngblood Hart’s on the Main Stage
- 6:45pm Bing Futch on the Riverfront Stage
- 7:15pm Joe Louis Walker on the Main Stage
- 9:00pm Marcia Ball on the Main Stage
Sunday, October 8, 2017
- 1:00pm Al Hill on the Main Stage
- 2:30pm The Paul Deslauriers Band on the Main Stage
- 3:30pm Bing Futch on the Riverfront Stage
- 4:00pm Toronzo Cannon on the Main Stage
- 5:15pm Spearman Brewers on the Riverfront Stage
- 5:45pm Tinsley Ellis on the Main Stage
- 7:30pm Victor Wainright on the Main Stage
Mark your calendars now and join the most awaited Daytona Blues Festival on October 6 to 8, 2017! And be sure to check our Local Attractions page for many more things to do along our 23 mile coast line! Take advantage of our Florida Residents Beach Days Offer and make it a weekend of music and fun for less!
See you at the beach!
Photo Credit: © 2017 Daytona Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau